- What are your booking terms?
- How will the consultation session for my bridal hair work?
- Is a trial session essential?
- I want a trial - what's included?
- My hair is not very long, can I still wear it up?
- I'd like to use accessories in my hair but I'm not sure what to choose?
- Should I wash my hair before you arrive?
- How far in advance do I need to book?
- How can I pay?
- What areas do you cover?
- I want to make a booking, what do I do now?
- What other services do you offer?
- The question I want to ask is not listed, what do I do?
The consultation session is included as part of the booking for your wedding day. Before your hair is styled, to ensure that it is perfect, it is important that we spend some time talking to you so that we know exactly what you want. After all you will be looking at the photos for many years to come! Prior to the stylist arriving, there are a few helpful things that you can do to make sure you get the most out of your consultation:
- When deciding how to wear your hair on your wedding day, the first thing you should consider is the 'look' you are aiming to achieve. Do you want your hair to be glamorous, natural and understated, chic and sleek, a classic look or something a little bit quirky and different?
- What styles do you particularly like? Showing us pictures of styles you like is really helpful. It doesn't have to be 'the one' but will give us ideas and inspiration, and more importantly let us know your tastes, likes and dislikes.
- If you are still not sure we can look at your dress, flowers, the venue, and any theme you may have chosen. Your face shape, hair length, dress style and neckline are also things to consider.
After putting all these things into the mix we will have a unique hair creation just for you! Back to top
No, it's not essential but if at all possible we do highly recommend that you have a trial. A trial takes place several weeks before your actual wedding and is a good way to save precious time on the big day itself and is also great for calming any jitters or worries you might have about your look. You probably tried on several dresses before you found the 'one' and it can be sensible to do the same thing with your hair. Back to top
We would advise a trial two months to two weeks before your wedding day. A trial is a chance for us to meet and try out some different styles. We will come and visit you at your home and we will chat through any ideas and looks that you like (see consultation Q&A above). It's a great idea to bring your veil or any hair jewelry or head gear you have chosen. If you would like hair jewelry but can't decide what is best for you we can decide on the ideal accessories for your look. Back to top
During this relaxed consultation, we will try out two or three different looks, and you can choose the one you like best. Without feeling pressured by time to make a decision, you might like to try out some techniques that you perhaps wouldn't have felt confident choosing if we were meeting for the first time on your wedding day. For instance, you could think about hairpieces or something underneath your hair to give it extra height or thickness. Like wedding rehearsals, dress fittings, and taster menus, a trial is a good way to ensure you get exactly what you want on your big day. Back to top
It depends on the thickness of your hair but short hair is just as versatile as long and with short hair. What's more, you'd be surprised how many options you have just by drying it differently, adding product, or hair accessories. If you would like your hair up a good option would be putting in a hair piece. They are priced from around £30, can be matched perfectly to your own hair colour, and the effect is so natural looking that nobody would notice the difference. Hair pieces are also great for adding volume to fine hair. Back to top
Choosing accessories for your hair can be a little bit daunting, particularly if you are keen to try something different but you are not sure what will suit you. If you have decided to have a trial (see Q&A's above), you will need to bring your accessories with you and this will be the perfect opportunity to try them out. To help you choose exactly the right kind of accessories, I've listed some of my favourite accessory tips, and ideas for how we could use them, below:
- If your dress is sequined or has metallic colours in it, wear a matching accessory in your hair rather than feathers or flowers.
- A large accessory may slide down fine or straight hair so go for a comb that grips instead.
- Want a bit of sparkle but not keen on tiaras? Try scattering diamonties or strings of jewels through your hair.
- Dramatic feathers work best in hair that is softly waved and natural looking.
- Add Hollywood Glamour with fur or feather accessories pinned to an elegant side bun .
- If you're tall and your partner isn't or you have a slightly longer face stay away from tiaras that give lots of height.
- Get maximum impact with a simple side comb or slide added to sexily tousled curls .
- Achieve a romantic look or soften a sleeker style by threading blooms through loose curls.
Short hair? Use a pretty comb or flowers to define a sexy side parting.
- If you are petite a pretty crystal comb will add some height - avoid large tiaras or crowns as this will create the impression of 'playing dressing up'!
- For a classic elegant look entwine pearls in your hair to complete your look.
- If your dress has a lot of detail on the front you can use hair accessories at the back to avoid it being 'too much'.
- Cropped, short or pulled back styles go well with ultra short retro veils.
- Give a high bun the 'Grace Kelly Effect' effect with a long demure veil.
- Attach a long but very sheer veil to a sleek up do for extra drama.
- For an elaborate church wedding a half-up style framed with lace is perfect.
- Go for a scalloped veil added to an up do with a strong centre parting for a modern look.
- A single large flower against a short sharp bob makes a stunning statement.
- A simple up do such as a side bun can carry off the addition of bold lilies or orchids.
- Miniature soft pink roses or daisies placed in a soft up do gives a sweet innocent feel.
We will let you know before the day when you should wash your hair. If you are having your hair up, we usually advise you wash it the night before - this ensures your hair is not too soft, making it easier to put up and stay up. If on the other hand you are having your hair blow dried, and you aren't having a trial, it's better that you wait until we arrive so that we can see any natural waves or kinks. That way we have a better idea of technique and the right products to use. Back to top
You can provisionally book your wedding hair a year in advance (we work year to year, so you can book anytime this year for any date next year) and your booking is secured with a 50% deposit. This is fully refundable should you change your mind more than 8 weeks before your appointment. See our terms for full details. Please secure your date as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Click here at any time to make a booking. Back to top
Once you have paid a 50% deposit to secure your booking, you can pay the balance on the day by cash or cheque . Apologies but we are unable to take credit cards. Back to top
We are based in Surrey but we have stylists all over the South and South East, so we covers South London Guildford, Brighton, East Sussex, Kent, Reading, Kingston, Crawley, Epsom. We will consider bookings further afield by prior discussion, although a small fee to cover extra travel expenses will be added. Back to top
- Pay your deposit and secure your date.
- Have a look at styles, and think about the look you are going for.
- Contact us to book your trial, if you decide to have one.
- Speak to other members of your wedding party and decide what other services you need.
- If you have several bridesmaids it is a good idea to think about whether they will have the same or different styles. and whether they also need a trial.
- Have your trial, bringing any accessories with you and together, we'll find the perfect hair style for you.
- Check and finalise your booking with us to ensure that we have enough time for everybody in your party.
- Relax and enjoy being pampered!
- Back to top
We are a team of fully qualified hair stylist with over ten years experience, offering a full range of hairdressing services in the comfort of your own home or in the venue you are getting ready in. Some of our team are also qualified make up artists so please ask for details or see our price list for the full menu. Back to top
If the answer you are looking for is not listed here, we'd be delighted to answer it personally.Click here to call or email us.